The World Organization of Scout Movement (WOSM) has its twelve new members of the World Scout Committee for term 2017-2020. The 12 new members were elected at the 41st World Scout Conference 2017 which been held at Baku Congress Center on Wednesday, 16th August 2017 afternoon. The conference itself will run from 14th until 18th August 2017.
The World Scout Committee is the executive body of the WOSM. It is one of three primary components of WOSM, with the other two being the World Scout Conference and the World Scout Bureau. The World Scout Committee is responsible for the implementation of the resolutions of the World Scout Conference and for acting on its behalf between its meetings.
One day before, nineteen candidates gave their presentation one by one in front of the participants of the conference which came from 151 National Scout Organizations (NSOs) added with 9 NSOs who did not attend the conference but gave their proxy vote to other NSO.
Hailing from the six WOSM Regions around the world, the newly-elected members are:
- Mr Mehdi Ben Khelil (Tunisia)
- Mr Peter Blatch (Australia)
- Mr Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman (United States of America)
- Mr Jo Deman (Belgium)
- Mr Janaprith Salinda Fernando (Sri Lanka)
- Mr Ilyas Ismayilli (Azerbaijan)
- Ms Sarah Rita Kattan (Lebanon)
- Mr Leonardo Morales Morales (Costa Rica)
- Ms Pia Melin Mortensen (Denmark)
- Ms Jemima Nartemle Nartey (Ghana)
- Mr Juan Reig (Spain)
- Mr Craig Turpie (United Kingdom)
For next three years, the WSC will implement the resolutions of the World Scout Conference and act on its behalf between its meetings.