Year 2017 for ASA will be a year of 20th anniversary of founding the Association of Scouts of Azerbaijan as an independent National Scout Organization as well as for establishment of the Eurasia Scout Region. The opportunity to combine these celebrations with hosting two World Events will be great milestone in the history of our organization and a clear signal to the scout world that also young NSO are capable and welcome to host important World Scout Events.
Starting from May the 41st World Scout Conference’ and 13th World Scout Youth Forum’ Host Committee have opened recruitment of the volunteers which lasted till the end of July. And now we kindly announce that the volunteer selection process is finally over on 31st July.
Generally applied almost 1100 local volunteers, but after a careful selection and interviews only 400 were selected. Selected volunteers will take part in three main events which will be held in the following dates:
- 13th World Scout Youth Forum, Gabala, Azerbaijan: August 7 –10, 2017
- Interevent program, Sheki & Baku, Azerbaijan: August 11 – 13, 2017
- 41st World Scout Conference, Baku, Azerbaijan: August 13-18, 2017
To become a volunteer is a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and new skills in the area of organizing world scout event, attending at the same time side events, sharing your own unique experience and understanding the impact of Scouting on children, youth, their families and the international community.
Volunteers are learning in the atmosphere of multicultural education, getting knowledge about scouting worldwide, enhancing language skills, taking part in the team-building activities.
Besides, all accepted volunteers will be provided with a t-shirt and will receive meals/snacks/soft drinks while volunteering at the event itself. And for sure, will receive a certificate of recognition for your resume.
Through the conducted trainings volunteers were divided into different teams to accomplish assigned tasks and were requested to commit to relevant shifts at a time of designated events:
- Arrivals\Departures information desk (assisting at the airport)
- Hotel informational desk (support participants in the hotels)
- Transport assistance (support participants on the way to the hotels and back)
- Registration desk (assisting with conference attendee registrations/program questions in the venue )
- Forum/Conference venuesupport (assistingduring the program event itself)
- Language Assistance (assisting with sharing of information/answering questions in non-English delegate languages at different locations)
- IT & Communications support (professional support to the participants during the events)
- Health&Safety (control the area of entrance and where the event will be held on)
- Other required areas
The main requirements of the applicants were:
- Age: 18+
- Language capacities: Azerbaijani and English is necessary, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian is an asset.
- Professional skills: higher education or experience in one or more of the above mentioned areas
- Scout experience, as well as participate in other youth organizations is desirable
- Experience in an international scout conferences
We are deeply appreciate all those local volunteers who applied and sincerely regret that we are not able to accept all applications due to venue and event limitations, but we wish the best of luck to all and each of those who applied in their future endorsements.
We would like to welcome again all those volunteers who joined our friendly host team and strongly believe that your energy and commitment will help to organize the best World Scout Youth Forum and World Scout Youth Conference ever!
Hazır Ol! Be prepared!